Thursday, April 3, 2008

I have joined the blogging community!!




So I have seen several of my friends that have started blogs. It got me to thinking..... I am about to turn "30." Wow, that is a little bit hard to take. In the last several weeks I have been looking at my life and what I am doing with it. I am finishing my Junior year at ISU. I know most people may finishing a masters, but I got a late start. I was not sure what I wanted to do the first time I was in College. Now that I am in school again it has been the best thing that I could have done. The fact that I am not married and don't children helps me to accomplish this small feet.


Can I just say that the fact that I am almost 30 has its disadvantages. I am in class with 20-22 year olds. Don't get me wrong I love the girls in my class however, I am not into the bar scene much anymore. A majority of our conversations include going out and getting drunk and making "bad life choices" This really not for me. I have far past the bar scene every night of the weekend. I do like going out for the occasional drink and some dancing but every Thursday, Friday and Saturday.


So here it is I will be 30 in less then two months. Like I said I have been thinking about where I am heading. I know that my true purpose in life it to teach children that have disabilities. My true passion is to make children in my classroom feel that they can accomplish their goals in life. To many times there are those that have low expectations for them and very few of us that feel by setting high expectations those children can reach them.


Ok, so I think that is enough for now. However, there are so many things that I could say. To many thoughts that I can't get them all out. By the way that is a picture of me. It was taken a couple of weeks ago.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Awesome!! I just added you to my reader. Looking forward to hearing about your day-to-day life. Enjoy the last fee weeks of your 20s :)!