Thursday, April 10, 2008

It has been a few days.

I know that is has been a few days since I have posted. As I am sitting here I realize that I have not said to much about myself except that I am turning 30.

I grew up in Champaign, Il. I have one younger sister who is married and has a little girl and a little boy on the way. I went to the local community college and got my associates degree in applied arts and science. At this point I realized that I was not quite ready to move on to a major college (that's another story.) So I got a certificate in dental assisting. I then spent 7 years working in the dental field. I loved my patients, but not so much of working for doctors. It sorta fell in my lap that I would go work for my dad who happened to own his own business.

After several months of working for my dad doors opened and I decided to go back to school. I could not have done this without the support of my mom and dad. I got all my little ducks in a row and last spring I was off to Illinois State University. I have to say that it was the best decision that I could have ever made.

The road has not been easy and I have had several mental breakdowns but at this point the semester is almost over. I will start student teaching in the fall and will finally graduate with my bachelors in education in May of 2009. The best part is my sister will be getting her masters in education on the same day and in the same ceremony. What better day could there be?

The only thing missing is that special someone that I could share all this with. Oh well, there is not a lot of time in my week to add a man to it. Everyone says that it happens when you least expect it well no expectations here and still nothing.

I think that I will leave it here for now. There are still several large projects that I need to finish before the end of the semester.

1 comment:

Katie said...

A nephew? She's going to have her hands full! Good lukc with the rest of the semester! Enjoy your (short) break before summer sesion!